Our journey...

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rocking CVS deals

I have done pretty well at CVS over the last week.  I was able to build my EBs up to $34 on one card and $13 on the other.  I also have used my EBs to buy our milk, cereal bars, and some ice cream.  Total OOP has been less than $5 :)  Makes me super happy!  We also got some things we were low on (toothbrushes, TP, deodorant).  Got to love it :)  Not sure how my EBs on one card got so insanely high, but it works for me.  I might burn a few of them this week to bet some more milk & things. 

Since DH and I had our talk we have gone out to dinner once (was already planned out with our friends).  Dinner + tip = $22 for both of us :)  On Friday DH did lunch off the $ menu, and spent $3.20.  Yesterday we went out looking at houses, but we ate lunch at home first, and only stopped at Sonic during Happy Hour to pick up some 1/2 priced drinks.  We came home for dinner and I made us some pork chops & rice :)  Usually on Sunday DH likes to pick up dinner after church, but today he went to get fresh meat & cheese to make sandwiches.  I need to look through what we have on-hand and plan out some meals for this week based on the sales.  But it makes me happy that we seem to be working together & on the same page now!!!

Yesterday while we were out we found a house that we LOVE.  Its perfect for us - 4br, 3ba, 3-car garage.  Big yard that is mostly fenced already (we would just need to do the front & one side).  Great neighborhood, with a park, an elementary school just down the street, and lots of families with young kids.  The builder is sitting on 10 houses in the neighborhood, and this one has been for sale for over a year now.  He needs to sell houses before he can continue to build more.  The flyers he put out at the open house said in big bold red letters at the top "Builder accepting trades" - meaning we could trade our house as part of the deal & not need to hassle with trying to sell ours!! 

We are waiting to see what happens with my job in the next couple of weeks.  Once we know where I will be & what my salary will be, then we can go make an offer.  We went through our budget to decide where to make cuts to beef up savings as much as possible right now.  DH closed two smaller cases this week, so he's getting those checks soon.  Hopefully some of his bigger ones finalize soon too. 

4 comments:

Nd.chic said...

Which CVS deals beefed up your ECB so much? I try to do the deals like you do but I'm not as good at them. I always spend a lot more.

Sam said...

The big money maker was the airwick freshness. I had a $4/20 coupon, plus $4 manu q's. Ended up being a $10 mm :)

Sam said...

Fresheners. Dumb "smart" phone!!

spaghetti0625 said...

Wow, what a great deal on the house....but also good to know too that he has multiple houses and needs to sell sell sell to revamp his business...that's great when it comes time to negotiate!