Our journey...

Friday, April 8, 2011

Making progress :)

I sat down with DH last night, and showed him our budget.  We went through exactly what we have left over after paying the bills, and discussed what we need to pay & when.  DH agreed to stick to a lunch budget of $40/week (unless he has business lunches - those he will be keeping receipts for).  Its still high, but its a good start.  I made us hamburgers at home tonight so that he would not be tempted to go out - not exactly healthy, but boy were they good!!  And, we already had everything on-hand except for the buns. 

We did get a "splurge" for the baby tonight.  DH saw a baby grand piano and really wanted to get it.  Only problem was that it was $150 (plus shipping!).  I told him we needed to shop around, since that was WAY too much to spend on a toy!  Well, we found one on eBay for $85, and realized the seller was local.  We offered her $65 for it, and it was ours :)  We went to pick it up tonight.  Its adorable!!
Pink Schoenhut® Classic Baby Grand Piano From The Pink Superstore ... | http://www.pinksuperstore.co...

Tomorrow I am going out to do some CVS deals.  I have a box of diapers to return for another size (I want to give some to DSis for cutting DH's hair), and I want to get some more Special K bars.  I wish I could still double-dip my deals, but it looks like CVS has sent out a notice to no longer allow deals to start early on Saturdays.  GRRRRR.  Now I actually have to go shopping on Sunday morning!  That was my sleep-in day, but I guess I will be getting up early to hit up CVS before church like I used to. 

No comments: