I got a big stack of grocery ads today. And they are just sitting on my table. I don't feel obligated to spend 3 hours matching up the ads and coupons. YAY!
I am working on MIL's blanket. Its a granny-square blanket. So far I have 19 of the 42 squares done. Not too bad. I am attaching them in rows as I go. I found this method online, and so far its been super easy. It really helps keep my pattern organized too. And now that they are in strips, its easier to lay out on the table to make sure its turning out the way I want. I need to go get 4 more skeins of yarn, and I should be good to go. I was able to start with what I already had on-hand, so I am counting those materials as "free".
Annie - I am using the Caron Simply Soft yarn, and I love it! So much better than the Red Heart stuff (I seriously dislike that yarn!). Turns out its Walmart's new brand too!
I need to find some fun patterns for easy baby blankets & hats. I want to make small ones for their isoletes when they are born, and then bigger ones they can have at home. I need to find some easy patterns - not sure I have the time or desire to do something too complicated right now.
In not so-fun news, we had to take DH's car in today. It started making some funny noises & cutting out. The good part is that it only cost us $75 to get it fixed. Apparently it burns oil, and was down to almost none at all. But since its a "high performance" car, the oil is EXPENSIVE for it. Oh well. At least its taken care of. We have swapped cars almost every day, and it is saving us a lot of money on gas. My car takes $25-30 to fill up, and will go 300+ miles on a tank. DH's takes $45, and goes about 250 miles. When he drives 15 miles to work, and lots of driving around during the day, it makes a lot of sense for him to drive the more fuel efficient car.
I am interested in seeing this month's gas bill. We have only had the furnace on for 2 whole days since Nov 1. We turn it on for a couple of hours, enough to heat up the house, and then it goes back off again. We have been making it 3-4 days between furnace runs! I know this won't last too much longer, but with the warm weather this weekend we can eek out a few more days.


No comments:
Post a Comment