Our journey...

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

DH and I are enjoying the Macy's parade while I prep the dishes for the big meal at mom's.  Nothing like the smell of boiling sweet potatoes at 8am!!  :)

I changed the way I am joining the squares on my blanket.  The first way was easy, but it left the whole thing kind of crooked.  I wouldn't mind so much if it was just for me, but I couldn't give it as a gift.  So I found this method for joining (I think this is a much more common method), and its turning out well.


Its still a little crooked, but I think that's just the nature of the work.  Hopefully once I get it washed & dried it will straighten out a bit more.  My MIL misses her home in NM a lot, so I thought I would do a blanket in the colors of NM to cheer her up while its -2 degrees here :)  Also, its a granny square blanket - and she's about to be a granny :)

4 comments:

Annie Jones said...

That link just led me to a Flickr photo, but not a method. How are you joining them? I haven't done any for a long time, but I think I usually join them by doing single-crochet stitches through the loops of both squares.

Sam said...

Annie - I fixed it. Its in her Flicker PhotoStream - I just grabbed the wrong link. Sorry!

This method makes it all lay flat. I have done the SC through the loops before, and it kind of leaves a ridge (sometimes I like that though :))

Christina said...

Congratulations!

Mrs G said...

Wait "she's about to be a granny" Does that mean congratulations and diaper Qs are in order? Things have been busy but I have still been keeping up-I thought of you today with the grocery bag when I was black friday shopping with it today. I hope all is well and you had a wonderful holiday with your family. Your handiwork is amazing! Wishing you well!