I got the new Galaxy S3 for my Christmas present. We got the $50 Black Friday deal :) My phone came in two weeks ago and DH let me activate it early. I love it! Last night I was helping DH wrap some presents for his friends. I left my phone on the couch and DD was trying to be helpful and bring it to me (she loves it when she finds my phone somewhere - she knows she is not supposed to touch it, but she can't get in trouble for playing with the phone if she is bringing it to me, right? Smart little bugger). As she was bringing me the phone she tripped and fell on our hardwood floors. Thankfully DD is ok - but my phone is not. The screen is slightly cracked and the display will not work. DH took the phone to the Sprint store last night and they confirmed that it is beyond repair. Thankfully I had purchased the insurance on the phone, so for a mere* $150 they will be sending me a new one.
There goes any savings from getting it at the Black Friday sale! I am thankful that we didn't get it at full price to begin with. I went ahead and spent the extra $20 for an Otterbox to put the new phone in.
Last week I went to the dentist for my semi-annual check-up. Somehow I have managed to crack one of my back teeth :( I have to get a filling, and if that does not hold, I will have to get a crown. Insurance will pay for almost half of it but I have to pay the other half on Tuesday.
Nothing like spending an extra $300. I am just thankful that this year we have it to spend. And very thankful for insurance!
*Is it just me, or have those deductibles gone WAY up? I swear it used to only be $50!
*ETA - My dentist ROCKS! From the time I left my office to the time my butt was back at my desk was 30 minutes. Granted, the office is just two buildings over, but still. She did a great job, did it fast, I had no pain at all, and it looks like this filling will be enough to prevent me from having to get a crown. YAY!

1 comment:
I'm sorry that Murphy found you. Yes, deductibles have increased so much for everything! It's frustrating when you have good insurance but still end up spending so much out of pocket.
Post a Comment