Our journey...

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Back to square one

DH and I have officially started trying again for another baby. Aubree's due date came & passed, and it feels like that part of time was reserved just for her. Any baby from this point forward could have been here even if Aubree was still here (although I would have been insane to get pregnant again that fast!! lol).

In some ways I am more relaxed this time around, and in some ways I am a bit more neurotic. I am super strict about taking my daily handful of vitamins, and I tracked ovulation religiously. But now that I am in the dreaded TWW (two-week-wait), I am feeling more calm about the process. We've done all that we could possibly do and now we just have to see if it worked or not. One more week to go to see if we will have another July baby or if we will be trying for August. I am trying to not read into every pinch or twinge I feel, but just focus on whatever else I can to keep myself occupied. We have a couple of baby showers coming up at work and I need to get some yarn to start in on some baby blankets. That will keep my hands busy enough to keep me off the computer and prevent me from googling things to death ;)

Sometimes I feel ok, and other times grief will come out of no where and knock me to my knees. Thankfully those moments are getting fewer & farther between, but it still happens. Yesterday I was surprised to discover that going to the baseball stadium made me sad. We got a partial season ticket package this last year and DH wanted to do it again for next year. They held open stadium day to come try out the seats and see what was available. We took Aly along and thought it would be a fun family outing. But walking through the stadium made me think of the night we took Aly to her first game when I was pregnant with Aubree. Both girls got first game certificates, and Aubree danced around to the sounds of the stadium. I am glad we had that night all together as a family, but it still makes me sad knowing that Aubree won't be with us for the games this next year.


Aly was really enjoying her hotdog. Hahah!! Aubree enjoyed her's too ;)

2 comments:

Nd.chic said...

Aly is so cute. She very much resembles your husband. I will say a prayer for you that this is your time.

Sam said...

Thank you - she sure does look just like him!