DH and I had checkups recently. We've not really had them in years, but we were encouraged to get some extra tests done due to the genetic results from Aubree. She received a defective gene from both of us that could have contributed to her heterotaxy. Thankfully, it appears this gene is recessive in both of us and neither of us have heterotaxy. So our chances of us having another baby with issues as severe as hers were are back to around 1:10,000. Which seems comforting, unless you've been that 1, and then statistics seem irrelevant.
We have really let our healthy habits slide over the past few months. Instead of cooking dinner we've been going out to eat or ordering a pizza. As a result, our checkups showed some unhealthy cholesterol levels. Boo! The doctor recommended a healthier diet and exercise. With DH's broken foot, he really can't do a lot physically right now, but we can work on eating better. We will basically be going back to the gluten-free diet that we did awhile back. Only because it immediately cuts out a lot of the bad foods we were eating (fast food, fried foods, desserts, etc), and helps us focus on eating lean proteins and veggies instead.
Tonight I have a pork roast in the crockpot with a bag of carrots and an apple. I have the day off today, so Aly and I are cleaning the house and getting things organized for our week. And I am hoping when she's napping that I can run out to clean the gutters a bit, which will save us some $$ in not paying to have it done.

No comments:
Post a Comment