Nothing really happened with the house this week. Well, not as far as showing it to a potential buyer, anyway. But I have been keeping myself busy!! So far I have:
1. Cleaned out baby girl's room. Everything she's outgrown has been packed away and taken to my parents' house. Room cleaned up & de-cluttered. Looks pretty nice!
2. Re-caulked the tub. And somehow managed to fix the leaky faucet while I was at it. Yay!
3. Cleaned out our room.
Does not look like a long list, but it sure has felt like a lot of work. I took an entire truckload of things to my parents' house. They have one section of their storage room that has been dubbed "The Baby Closet." My sister started it by keeping all of the stuff from her kids (high chair, exersaucer, bouncy seat, bumbo, etc). She also kept most of the clothes, so they are sorted by size and gender. The idea is that anyone in the family that needs it can borrow from the closet, and then clean & return when their kids outgrow it. It all gets stored at my parents' since they have the room and a central location. As things need replaced, we shop local consignment sales to get the best deals. So far I have only had to buy a few bits & pieces of clothing to fill in the gaps (things in the wrong season or items that had been stained). Its great!
This week my goal is to start weeding through our room and the kitchen. I want to get all the kitchen items pared down to the bare minimum. That way I can straighten up the cabinets and make everything look nice and neat. Luckily my parents have enough room for us to keep storing things at their house until we move into a new place of our own. And pre-packing away the things we don't need for the next few months (or purging & donating those items) will really help when its time to move out completely.

No comments:
Post a Comment