We've been paying all the medical bills on the Citi card as they come in (well, at least what we can). That way I know each of the billers gets paid on-time, and then I can just send one payment off to cover all of them. As of last payday the balance on that card was $2,247.00. It was my bigger payday, and with the snowball we've built plus some overage from other bills that came in lower than expected, I was able to pull together $647 to pay on the Citi card. Whoo hooo!!
I was feeling pretty great about being well below $2,000 again on that card. Until I logged in today and realized that several payments had not yet posted and we are right back up to $2200 again on that thing. Damn it!
At least we've hit our $3,000 deductible, so from now on the bills will only be 20% instead of 100%. And DH gets paid this month, so we should be able to clear off the rest of the Citi card and be done with it. With the bills being much smaller from here on out I should be able to fit them into our normal monthly payments (coming out of that snowball fund). And only $1,600 more to go until we hit our OOP max anyway. I was not expecting to hit that until October, but oh well. Will be nice to have that all out of the way early I guess, especially if we end up traveling to take care of Aubree.
Speaking of her, she's still hanging in there. Growing, stretching, hiccuping, and generally being a normal pregnancy. Which is absolutely amazing, because no one thought she would make it even this far. Only 11 more days until we pass the threshold where the local hospital agreed they would attempt to care for her if she was born alive. And we are waiting on second opinions from the leaders in care for babies with heterotaxy (more here).
Our accounts are sitting at $40 or so and we still have 12 more days to go until payday. But the cars have gas, the fridge is full, and the bills are paid. These lean times are getting farther & farther between. I am glad this isn't our normal anymore. Hopefully this is one of the last times we have to stretch this thin.

6 comments:
Eleven days!! Why, that's nothing, you can do it, Aubs!
What a limbo-y, difficult place to be. My thoughts go go out to you and Aubree and family. :(
Do you have a site set up for donations? If not, please do so. Benefits where I live are very popular to help people pay for medical expenses and travel costs.
ND - we've not done that yet, although SIL offered to set one up for us. Until we know if we will be traveling or not, I feel bad setting something like that up. Truth is we can pay the medical and funeral expenses (should that be necessary). Even travel could be juggled into the budget - but it would be TIGHT. I have a hard time accepting help though and wouldn't want anyone to think we were trying to take advantage of the situation.
Sense - thank you :)
We know you can do it financially but people want to help. Please do it. Praying for all of you.
agreed with nd chick. I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to go a party lite fundraiser for u. I can do it a few ways fir u. if interested let me know. any commission I get I donate to u on top of whatever funds are raised :)
Post a Comment