Our journey...

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rebuilding a wardrobe

After I had Aly, a young lady in our church became pregnant unexpectedly. In an effort to help her out I offered to let her borrow my maternity clothes since she's about the same size. Unfortunately, when trying to return the clothes to me, she placed the box in an area of the church where it was mistaken for a donation to the local homeless shelter :( So all of my clothes were donated. I know they went to someone else who could probably really use them, but it made me sad too. I really liked a few of those things!

So now it is time to rebuild my maternity wardrobe. This time around my work environment is much more formal so I will need more dressy items as well. DH and I popped over to Target after church today and I got some great finds! A pair of dress pants and two dresses for $30. Yay! I plan to go by every couple of weeks and snatch up the good clearance deals I find.

I am trying to carefully plan the pieces I buy to save money. Fortunately, spring, summer and fall are all pretty warm here so I just need a few basic layering pieces. Once I get the basics, I can always use different accessories and shoes to change up the outfits (things I can continue to use after I am no longer pregnant). Here's a great capsule wardrobe idea I found:


I can also wear several of my current sundresses once it warms up. Just pair them with some leggings (for the shorter dresses), a sweater, and a cute belt over the belly, like this:






Or even belted under the belly, like this:


Now it just needs to warm up. Looking at all the sundresses makes me want to dig some out from the back of the closet!!

2 comments:

spaghetti0625 said...

I'll be 20 weeks on Thursday and all I've gotten were a few pairs of work pants since mine were getting a little 'too' snug lmao (read: couldn't button them lmao). I haven't really done any shopping for it yet, I'm actually terrified of spending money! But I LOVE sundresses and all b/c you can wear them pregnant or NOT pregnant! So it's not really 'wasting' money! I did find a nice dress for $60 at NY and Co, but I want to try like a Target or Mandees b/c I don't spend money on clothes like that at all! Maybe for my baby shower dress, but not just to buy it, you know? Can't wait to see your finds and ideas!

Sam said...

Yeah, I didn't need maternity clothes with Aly until after 20 weeks. Then all of a sudden it was a necessity. I see it happening much sooner with this one though!!