Our little bean has had a heartbeat for two weeks now. Last week, arm & leg buds were forming. This week little hands and feet can be seen emerging from the ends of those little buds. And baby is moving around like crazy (or so they say - I won't be able to feel it for awhile yet). He/she also doubled in size to now measure an impressive .5'' long. Our baby is almost completely formed (heart, lungs, brain, bones, eyes, etc)!! Just a few more weeks to go, and then we spend the rest of the time maturing and putting on weight.
I got some belly bands off Amazon to wear when my regular clothes start feeling too tight. For some reason I didn't think it would be appropriate to just walk around at work with my pants unbuttoned ;) But this week my pants are back to buttoning again. Morning sickness has returned this week and stolen my appetite. I lost three of the six pounds I had previously gained. Oh well. I am trying to focus on eating healthy things when I do have an appetite, taking my vitamins, and staying hydrated.
Kansas City got over a foot of snow last Thursday. It's been years since we've gotten that much in one storm. Usually we get 1-3'' at a time. Thursday's storm even brought along thunder-snow. That was pretty cool to see! The forecast is calling for another major storm to hit tomorrow and dump at least another 12''. WHAT??! I don't think there has been a winter this snowy since I was very little. Maybe on Tuesday when it stops I will take Aly out to play in it. So far she's not been too interested. We brought in a bowl of snow to make ice cream with & let her play with the rest of it. After a couple quick feels she wanted nothing else to do with it. But she does love looking out the front window at the huge piles everywhere.

1 comment:
Yay!!! (for the baby, not the snow--that sounds insane!)
Post a Comment