Yesterday was my first payday of the Fourth Quarter. There are six paydays total for me, and at least two for DH. This quarter is also when several of our big seasonal bills are due (property taxes, car insurance, life insurance). Its also the big gift-giving season and holiday season. I am not expecting huge paydowns this month but I do want to keep pace with the momentum we have started so far and not go backwards.
I started saving in January for the big expenses. We have had a couple things come up through-out the year that could have derailed us, but overall we are still in good shape! We may be $200 shy if we can't squeeze it out of DH's paychecks, which just means our snowball will be a bit smaller.
As of payday yesterday:
Overall starting debt: $88,086.37
Overall total: $61,716.26
2012 starting debt: $73,847.19
Total paid in 2012: $12,130.93
The goals for this quarter are:
1. Be below $60,000 (aiming for end of November)
2. Pay off $15,000 total for this year
3. Don't take on more debt for year-end expenses
Bit by bit, we are getting there. One of these days our hard work will pay off :) (Right????)

2 comments:
Yay! I haven't been able to comment due to my stupid computer. Good luck with all of this! You are doing GREAT!!!! Can't wait til the balance is $0!
You have made great progress. The 4th quarter is always hard for us. Our home insurance is due and Christmas happens. I should save for Christmas all year but never do.
Post a Comment