We got a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic shower cleaner years ago with the hot coupon deals at Walgreens (I think they came out to $3 each after coupons and rewards - score!!). I've been working through my stash of refils but finally ran out.I have tried in the past to refil my own bottles, but it always ended up a mess. Since we were out, I had put the shower cleaner away and just cleaned the shower the old fashioned way once a week (er, um, ok, more like once every six weeks....). Now that DD is old enough to take baths in the big tub I wanted a better way to keep it clean for her.
We tried the daily spray-cleaners, but I kept forgetting to do it. I really missed my automatic cleaner - just push the button and keep going (when you are getting ready with a toddler in the morning, every second counts!). So I figured I would grab another refil on my next trip to Target. Last time I went they were about $4 each. Not great, but worth the convenience for me. When I actually got to the store, I stopped to glance at the price while grabbing the bottle to put in my cart. They have gone up to $7 each!!! Seriously - 34oz of daily shower cleaner for $7!!! Even the Tilex daily shower cleaner was $4. And the Scrubbing Bubbles ones don't even have a trigger spray. I couldn't let myself buy it for $7 so I picked up the $.99 bottle of off-brand daily cleaner and resolved to just spray it myself every day.
When I came home, I decided to ask Mr. Google if anyone had figured out how to successfully refil the automatic cleaner bottles. I figured I could just dump my $.99 bottle of cleaner into the refil bottle if I could get it open. Of course, I found a super easy tutorial. The lid did screw off with some twisting, and I was able to pour the new bottle right in. When putting the lid back on - it is REALLY important to make sure the foam seal stays in place on the cap.

No comments:
Post a Comment