Life has been, well, life. Busy, fun, and always changing.
Baby update: we have a heart-healthy little boy coming in the fall! We've had several in-depth ultrasounds, including a heart echo, and everything is perfect. His name is Jaydon, meaning "God has heard." Aly is coming around to the idea of having a brother and we are starting to let ourselves get excited. I probably still won't fully relax until I am holding a screaming baby, but it is nice to have some reassurance.
House update: WE ARE MOVING! Seriously. After all this time we are finally getting everything worked out and we hope to move within the next two months. Our plan is to rent out our current house using a property management service. DH's income has gone up enough that now we qualify for another mortgage on top of our current one, because the lending rules have changed and now we can't count renting out our current house as "income" until it's been two years. So both mortgages fit into our overall eligibility range. Even though we plan to rent out our current house we could still technically afford to make both mortgage payments each month. Not that we would want to, but we could.
We went to see houses today and found one that we absolutely fell in love with. The disclosure looks great, the price is right, and the neighborhood is the one we've been dreaming about living in for the past four years. The schools are great for DD, the area of town is one that will be retaining it's value for years to come, and the neighborhood is full of young families so DD and DS will have plenty of opportunity for friends and playmates. So now we are in the process of making an offer!
Work is going well for DH and for me. I feel like we've finally made it to the point where we can breathe and things are finally running on a good note for our family.

2 comments:
Good to hear that things are going well for you. I was wondering how you were doing. When I first found out that I was having a boy, I was so scared that I wouldn't know what to do. The first time I gave him a bath and he got really cold, I called my husband and was hysterical because I thought there was something majorly wrong with his penis. My husband laughed and told me it was standard shrinkage.
I feel guilty for commenting on your blog sometimes but I wish the best for you and your family.
Aww, I love it when you stop by, ND. Glad things are going well for you all :)
Post a Comment