Wow, it's been awhile! Time for an update I guess :) Here goes:
1) Refinance finally done 12/31/13. First they said we lived in the wrong city, then they had our street name spelled wrong. Fannie Mae is seriously annoying. They never confirmed it but I honestly believe this was the reason we didn't qualify for the principal reduction when we had called about it since so many others in our neighborhood/area did. Ughghg. So glad all of that is settled and corrected now and we can move past it. Nice, lower payment and everything is finally set up in our bill-pay.
2) Our remaining non-mortgage debt is down to $43,000, from a high of $88,000 a few years ago. Our 401k balance is now higher than the remaining debt! Nice to be moving in the right direction. We have our tax appointment later this week and then we can start hitting the rest of the CC debt after taxes are settled.
3) +hpt last week confirmed that baby #3 is on the way and due in October. We have nearly the same due date a year later. I thought I would be excited but I am ambivalent at best. I don't think I will believe it's real until I get to bring a healthy baby home. This is the point of development where everything went wrong with Aubree, and there's no way of telling if we have the same situation or not for at least another 10 weeks. I am going to push for an induction at 38 weeks this time. I've met too many mommas in my loss group who lost babies at 39+ with no explanation. 1:160 babies are stillborn and more than half have no explanation, and I am at even greater risk now that I've had one baby stillborn. I am just not risking it. I am sure the doctor's office already hates me since I am refusing the first intake appointment with the nurse. I am not watching some video that tells me not to eat raw meat or drink while pregnant. And they already know my history pretty well - nothing has changed in the last 6 months that I know of. There's nothing they could get from that appointment that could help prevent an early loss for me anyway. I am not wasting my PTO on a worthless appointment. They work for me anyway, right? I would hate to have to get another doctor but I am not going to put up with crappy office staff either.
4) We are starting to look again at new homes. There are a couple of builders doing trades and we are in a much better position to do that this year than we have been in the past. Trading in a home is sort of like trading in a car - we won't get as good of a price for our house as we would if we took the time to sell it on our own, but the benefit is getting it all done in one transaction. Our other option is to rent this place out with a property management company. DH has been looking in to some that cost a bit more, but we would NEVER have to see this place again unless we wanted to. They take care of absolutely everything. For about $100/month that is well worth the cost.

1 comment:
Glad to hear the refinance finally came through. I have heard so many horror stories about banks and mortgages. And also congrats on the baby!
Post a Comment